Saturday, June 30, 2012

One Week and Counting....

I still remember writing my first story. I only had a small working vocabulary -- being that I was four or five and my dad had just started teaching me to read and write -- so the story had a distinct Hemingway flavor. The story was called "The Three Little Fishermen," and as I recall two drowned. Again, the Hemingway connection. It was maybe 50 words long (flash fiction) and was generously illustrated (graphic novel), any my dad was so impressed he paid me a quarter for it.

Flash forward four decades.

In a week or so, my first published novel will be available for purchase. I have been included in other people's books and I have published tons of things in newspapers, magazines and on the web, but this is the first time the one name on the cover will be mine. A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM by Jason Hunt.

I hope you run out (or log in) and buy one as soon as they are available. I know I am going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment