Saturday, June 16, 2012

So close I can taste it...

I am too excited to sleep -- literally. It is 3:00 a.m. EDT, and I am sitting up, looking at the amazing cover design by Kurt Bredt for A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S GUNFIGHT. Billie Johnson, the publisher of Oak Tree Press and its imprints, sent over the galleys, and as soon as I am through looking them over, we are on the last leg of the journey.

Well, the last leg of the first part of the journey...or maybe the first part of the final leg...or the third leg of the second part....

At any rate...the first "thing" was writing the book. The second was publishing it. And the third, of equal importance to the first and second, is selling it. I have to get the book in front of as many people as possible. I have a detailed plan for how I intend to do that -- which includes my son Josh and me strapping on the acoustic guitars and taking to the streets of Cambridge and Boston. We have always loved "busking" (street performing), but now we will be focusing on the second half of "Country and Western," and we'll be carting around a big old sandwich board with the a blow-up of the book cover on it.

Also, I will soon be posting a link to YouTube, where you can see the world premier of the first movie theme song written before the movie is optioned -- or even before the book is available to the public.

Yes, I have written "A Midsummer Night's Gunfight -- The Song." :-) Once it is ready, I'll let y'all know.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment